Home Delivered Meals
Fresh Delivered Meals
“Delivering Smiles by the Miles”
Delicious, freshly prepared meals arrive each weekday hot and ready to eat. There are weekend options available to make weekend days a little easier.
Unlike other programs, every meal is freshly prepared, never frozen and sealed in a tray to retain heat and ensure a quality experience. A cold pack with a variety of salad, fruit and milk accompanies each hot meal. Focusing on healthy eating, every dish is reviewed and approved by our registered dietician for quality and nutrition before leaving the kitchen.
Features of the Program:
- Delivery is Monday – Friday between 11:30am – 1:30pm
- Weekend meals are delivered on Friday
- Delivery to Amador County residents
Requirements for the Program:
- Meals on Wheels participants must be 60 years of age or older, homebound, and in need of assistance with daily activities
- Must be fully registered with completed assessment
- A resident of Amador County
- A spouse of a 60+ program participant
- Suggested contribution of $4 per meal for registered clients
- Contributions are voluntary
- No eligible senior will be denied a meal due to inability to contribute
For more information or to qualify, please contact the Amador Senior Center at 209-223-0442. Business hours are Mon-Fri 8:30am to 4:00pm.
HERE IS WHAT OUR CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY:
"The main course is always so tasteful. And the variety is surprising!"
"Thank you for making the meals so healthy and at the same time as delicious!"
"I look forward to having lunch every day because the food is so good."
"The lunch service you provide to us is a life saver."
Our fresh home delivered meal program strongly depends upon our volunteer drivers. By giving just one hour, volunteers can change the life of a senior. Volunteering as a meal delivery driver offers a fulfilling and rewarding experience. Our program is only successful because of the generosity of volunteer drivers. Become a volunteer delivery driver today and make a difference.
When you volunteer, you will receive:
- A shirt embroidered with our logo
- All the equipment you need to safely deliver meals
- Mileage reimbursement for deliveries using your own personal vehicle, or you can use one of our vehicles
- The priceless feeling of brightening someone’s day
HERE IS WHAT OUR VOLUNTEERS HAVE TO SAY:
"I volunteer as a delivery driver to contribute to my community and I enjoy meeting and talking with people."
"I want to make a difference and help people in my community by volunteering as a driver."
Make a difference by volunteering today. When you volunteer with our center, you will make a new friend or two, you will feel a greater sense of purpose and you will know that you helped someone.